Welcome to the 209 Royal Armoured Force Website
209RA

This is the home of the 209 Royal Armoured Force

Cut the Dead Wood?

Pappy_Blade
    Admin

Cut the Dead Wood?

Post  Pappy_Blade on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:14 am

We have been reluctant to remove inactive players due to the way Clan Wars operated in the past. As there have been changes to the format, we no longer need to hold players on the roles.

We have 72 members, and of those, 44 have not been in ANY battles in the last 28 days. While I understand it's been summer, and families vacation and such, some of these haven't had a battle in 3-4 months.

So, using the above numbers, we have approximately 20 active members, and yet we can't get a stronghold more than twice a week, we can't get a skirmish team together, and we can't even get enough bodies to enter a landing in Clan Wars (we need 7 btw).

This said, we need to drop some dead wood, and find a way to wake up the rest of the wood! Suggestions are welcome, as are private messages to let me know if you've been away, that you'll be returning soon and we should keep you.

This will be posted as a forum announcement, as well as sent to all members.

"Never let the enemy pick the battle site."
    ― Gen George Patton
    pirat pirat pirat
    Bedwyr

Re: Cut the Dead Wood?

Post  Bedwyr on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:01 am

I agree with you Blade, as the former commander of this outfit. There was a time when we just wanted warm bodies in the roles, but now some of that "cord wood" is a hindrance to our growth as a clan in recruitment. Also it plays havok in planning for things like Clan Wars.

IT is time to cut out the very dead wood from the rolls.

As Blade said summer can be busy...Some have other commitments such as Guard FTXs

However that being said what should ve been a fun opening night was an embarrassment. We have 72 guys in this clan and we could not even scrape up 5 guys to play in a TIER 6 engagement. We had to forfeit the battle.

Guys these tier 6 clan wars are 7 vs 7 battles... just like Strongholds..There is no reason we should not be able to field 7 guys...

RAF_Louvert

Location : Somewhere in France near the front lines, doing my part for King and Country

Post  RAF_Louvert on Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:54 pm

Greetings All,

I sent your new CO a PM this morning as I was surprised to be included in the mass email that went out concerning this subject.  I'm not only dead wood, I've been sawn, split, stacked, air dried for two seasons, burnt, and the charcoal buried to fertilize the garden.  And didn't the tomatoes look fine this year because of it.  Very Happy

Cheers everybody!

Lou

RAF209_Beer30

Post  RAF209_Beer30 on Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:13 pm

Hey. Louvert, Nice to hear from an old friend. Hope your family is fine as well as yourself. Very Happy

While we are on the subject of deadwood and attendance.. We need a plan to spark an interest for those of us that are left, after the purge, so that we will be eager to attend our Skirmishes, Clan Wars and Stronghold battles. Grinding your Tank while a Squad war is going on is not an option. All it takes is to sign up at the proper time. To do that you need to check in to our Forum at regular intervals. The information will be there as well as in the PMs.
    We cannot function successfully as a Squad or a Clan if we don't have the attendance and fill our quota in every Battle we are assigned to. I for one am getting really tired of going to war short-handed and losing because we were 1 or 2 short of bodies. And it pisses me off to be short of one or two people and seeing them playing on chat when all they had to do was sign up or just punch the Special Battles button.
    In my old Red Baron outfit, PARTICIPATION was the primary attribute a Pilot could have and was the watch word of the Squadron. We were even rewarded for it. It was even more important than skills or ability. It made our 209 one of the top Squadrons in all of Red Baron and also made for a happier and energetic group. Pilots would bust their balls to fly battles.
    We don't have that here,YET. I sincerely hope we will attain that level of participation and attendance in the future.

Basketball

Salute!
    Beer

Pappy_Blade
    Admin

Post  Pappy_Blade on Sat Aug 29, 2015 6:55 pm

RAF_Louvert wrote:.

Greetings All,

I sent your new CO a PM this morning as I was surprised to be included in the mass email that went out concerning this subject.  I'm not only dead wood, I've been sawn, split, stacked, air dried for two seasons, burnt, and the charcoal buried to fertilize the garden.  And didn't the tomatoes look fine this year because of it.  Very Happy

Cheers everybody!

Lou

I sent it to all to make sure no one could say they didn't get the word. The focus of the cut is the in game roll call in World of Tanks. I have no plans, nor desire, to cut anyone from the social rolls of this clan. We are, and always will be, family, and anyone who ever wore the colors of the 209th is welcome on these forums, and always welcome to join the game and rejoin our ranks!

― Gen George Patton
    pirat pirat pirat
    Python
    Admin

Post  Python on Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:44 pm

First i have had to change my internet i'm trying to get it so it is stable I had been getting on TS for a while but not many said a word to me except a couple like mur I get these messages but I can only access half the forums I have a new email account which I changed so no email has been coming to me. I would of tried to join in but had no idea except what Beer told me when I called him so if you feel I'm deadwood cut me thats up to you I very seldom come to this site because I can only access a few sections I'm the one who set this site up I cannot even change my password or info. Most of you don't know me I have very little patients for this kind of stuff I joined backup with the RAF because of Beer and Mur and CK I was looking forward to teaming with them again. But hey it is what it is your choice

http://pythons-nest.forums-free.com/
    "In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
    and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Pappy_Blade
    Admin

Post  Pappy_Blade on Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:27 pm

Python wrote:First i have had to change my internet i'm trying to get it so it is stable I had been getting on TS for a while but not many said a word to me except a couple like mur  I get these messages but I can only access half the forums I have a new email account which I changed so no email has been coming to me. I would of tried to join in but had no idea except what Beer told me when I called him so if you feel I'm deadwood cut me thats up to you I very seldom come to this site because I can only access a few sections I'm the one who set this site up I cannot even change my password or info. Most of you don't know me I have very little patients for this kind of stuff I joined backup with the RAF because of Beer and Mur and CK I was looking forward to teaming with them again. But hey it is what it is your choice

I'm sorry if my post offended you Python.

Actually, those that have been around have a different status than newer members. Those who were around in the flying days are more than welcome to remain and play as they see fit. We know who comes around now and then, who comes around a lot, and those who seem to have just vanished. It is that last group we're talking about.

Again, I didn't mean to upset anyone. As to your issues with the forums, this is the first I've heard of it, and you still have full admin under the email you set these forums up under. PM me your new email, and I will put THAT email in the owner's panel, and this will be your forum again.

― Gen George Patton
    pirat pirat pirat
    Bedwyr

Post  Bedwyr on Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:24 pm

Yeah Py you are not deadwood...those that are... the ones who joined have not played this game in a long time...or we have never had any correspondance with such as never joined the forums and the like.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:16 pm