209RA

Welcome to the 209 Royal Armoured Force Website
209RA

This is the home of the 209 Royal Armoured Force

Some thoughts on the meeting the other night

Bedwyr

Some thoughts on the meeting the other night

Post  Bedwyr on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:39 am

While initially I wasn't receptive, as I thought it over and having talked to both Orcs and Ferd, there were many things the three of us were on the same wave length about but looking from different ways to it.

All of us agree more or less that we need to get more flexible in our methods. We are very good at a defensive stance..its hard to beat us, except when the following occurs:
    a. The team allows us to get sucked into focusing in on one area: Resulting in getting flanks and or jammed up..ultimately a heaping pile of tank death.
    b. We get into the bad habit of peek a boo shooting....resulting in blocking other tankers shots or lanes and getting team killed at the same time.
    c. We spend most of our time in sniper mode, and try and aim up that "perfect shot" each time we stick our big ass tank out into the firing lane. Resulting in: taking an unnecessary amount of damage, unable to have effective SA as to allowing the enemy to sneak up on your back side and boom goes your tank.

This can be rectified by practicing the following in both strongholds, platoons, and on your own.

For example: I rarely spend a lot of time Sniper mode....unless I am in a TD, Arty, or am doing long distance shooting. If I am in a close in fire fight, I am total external so I can see who or what is near by. Especially in a scout or autoloader i am always looking for an avenue of exit.

Now I am far from perfect..communicating to my teammates is my big failure especially when I recognize something I can rectify right away....Sorry orcs for those time where I left you hanging to fix something else. more to come

Bedwyr

Re: Some thoughts on the meeting the other night

Post  Bedwyr on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:56 pm

part 2:

Ferd mentioned a very good goal of getting that first tier X....My suggestion on that yes, but first find the line niche you are good at first and work that one...Don't pick a line because it looks cool...Just because it may look cool to you...and then you play it crappily is not a help to the clan.

Try all the types at the lower tiers  most types with the exception of the lights...you will not be able to get a feel for how you will do until around tier 5 or 6.

Lights are about tier III or IV

TDs  some tier IV. most likely Tier V

Mediums V and VI

Heavies V I and VII

And dont just xp or grind your way through a tank just to get to the next tank..again its a waste of time and talent for you and the brigade...try and get the the crew up on it, play it a while you may find that the tank you thought was a slug the first 50 games may be a favorite for you later on....For example the T 25/2 and the Comet have become favorites for me but for along time they were slugs.

One final thought I learned from Ferd...

Once you have your chosen field...learn its complimentary for example

Arty....also the basics of scouting lights and of fixed TDs...this way you can learn where to direct scouts and where enemy scouts are most likely to come at you from.. Learning how to used fixed gun TDs will help in your own personal defense as well.

Mediums....learn basics of screening using lights, our greatest threat is your mobility appearing where the enemy is not expecting bigger guns to be can be a battle winner...also learn how a Heavy works so you can best defend your own fatty as well as bring down one of them on your own.

TDs....Depending on what you line you take Turreted or Non...in either case..remember you are NOT a brawling tank...you are a support vehicle...Unless you are driving something with the word SU, AT, or Ferd in the title then its an assault tank.

If TD is where you want to be for turreted learn the scouts too...because in many of the same mechanics apply as to concealment and where you want to be in relation to the enemy...same for the faster non turreted...the StuGs the Hetzers, the Alecto. and the French after the SAU...

If Heavy is your bag...learn the AT-TDs and the Mediums as welll these can help with your brawling ability as well as learning outside of the tank gunsight

Bedwyr

Post  Bedwyr on Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Last and most importantly

GET TEAMSPEAK and be on our TS...THere is no way that you help us and participate and feel part of the clan if you are just out there doing your own thing or get mad when you want to platoon but you dont have comms so no one can coordinate with you ...

Feel free to share your opinions study

Post  Guest on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:12 pm

I agree we should practice more in strongholds, platoons etc but often when im on I ask if anyone one wants to do strongholds and no one reply's so?
    Ferdwer

Post  Ferdwer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:59 pm

RAF_C.K.Benge wrote:Last and most importantly

...GET TEAMSPEAK ...:

Ferdwer

Post  Ferdwer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:08 pm

Not to sound like a jerk, but it helps us coordinate who is available and so you know what is going on with those that are on. (i.e. six people talking about doing a stronghold...you're not on TS and so you could have made 7 but no one knows.)

Also, I am not sure if Murunga is still doing the Mon-Wed strongholds, but again being on TS is a quick way to ask and find out.

Furthermore, this place gets quiet during the holidays due to leave. Same as every other clan.

Being on TS makes it easy to find out certain info.

Lastly, anyone can set up a stronghold, invite players and run one. If you are going to do it on a regular basis, send me the info and I will broadcast it on the website. But remember, if YOU schedule it YOU better show.

Over and out!
    Ferd'

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm