209RA

Welcome to the 209 Royal Armoured Force Website
209RA

This is the home of the 209 Royal Armoured Force

Ultrapack 3.0 is out

Bedwyr

Ultrapack 3.0 is out

Post  Bedwyr on Wed May 25, 2011 9:28 am

Ultrapack 3.0 is out and it is a Whopper!

It is 6.31 Gigs!

And currently is only available via torrent

and this is also only the RC version which means its a final beta...the full release will be in June or July

http://ultrapack.il2war.com/index.php/topic,4029.0.html
    RAF209_Beer30

Re: Ultrapack 3.0 is out

Post  RAF209_Beer30 on Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 pm

S! Ck

Well, I finally got something to work.
    I D/L and installed UP 3.0 and have it up and running. cheers
    Runs smooth. Having problems keeping the jet engines running. They quit in flight for no apparent reason.
    Otherwise a very successful install.

Salute!
    Beer
    RAF209_Doughboy

Post  RAF209_Doughboy on Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 pm

Is this update required at this point and time or optional. 6 gigs will require me to remove a lot of items from the hard drive just to DL it. Yes my machine is old and space is a premium.
    Bedwyr

Post  Bedwyr on Mon May 30, 2011 8:59 am

YOu will need it to fly Wings of War from now on

Currently we are testing HSFX 5.01 to fly the WW 1 planes with.
    RAF209_Doughboy

Post  RAF209_Doughboy on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:28 am

Well I got it DL'ed... Jimminey Crickes!
    Found a copy of 4.10.1
    Made a fresh copy and patched up to 4.10.1
    Started the UP3.0 install and it ask to put it in the local folder where I DL'ed it to. So I did.... by that time it was bed time according to the flight nurse.

I havent had a chance to load it or test it. My felling is that I should have loaded it to the game DIR.

Thoughts?

(edit)6/2 ... Well I re installed it according to the instructions on the UOP link putting it in the game folder. Game would not start in Stock modeit only gets to the splash screen with the planes.UOP3 it will load up to the splash screen with the wings and the #3 and then back to dsk top at 5%. I tried changing video settings same result I will try messing with it again tonight.

Also which file from my original install holds all my J stick settings/ key maping?
    (edit)6/2... this is the "User" folder which contains all the personal settings and player profiles

Cheeres
    RAF_Osprey

Post  RAF_Osprey on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:55 pm

Yikes...old computer is all but filled...I can do this, but I have to discard the old UP2 version that currently sits on the drive...any reason to keep it, or toss it all out for the new?
    I now have two installs...one for the WWI thingy, and the old UP2 with all the mods...can't keep them all!
    RAF209_Beer30

Post  RAF209_Beer30 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:14 pm

S! Os,
    I might be wrong but if you are going to toss anything, I would toss the UP2.0. I think everyone will switch to UP3.0 eventually,espeially, with a new 3.0 coming out fairly soon.
    If you fly hyperlobby a lot, the important thing is to have a flyable 4.10.1. built from the ground up. That's what most of the servers are using.
    As far as the WWI thingy is conerned. If you want to fly in Rebs server with us you will need to keep it.

I have a copy of HSFX with the WWI Mods and a copy of UP3.0, both with back-ups. But I have a huge drive...
    My thinking on this is that the Squad should decide exactly which to fly. If we can load a WWI Mod into UP3.0, I think that would be the way to go to save everyone from maintaining these huge MODs
    I mean that UP3.0 will be the Mod most people will be using and I fail to see what big advantage that HSFX has over Up3.0.

I think we need to have a discussion on getting this Squad on the same page as to what Mod we are going to use and in the same tone we should get the opinions of the membership on the subjet.

Salute!
    Beer
    Rebell

Post  Rebell on Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:02 am

By all means keep back-ups of past versions if possible. I've got all my 4.09 still workable on an external HD. Mine was a download version so I have to keep a virgin copy of 4.08 hidden away also or I'm screwed. I have a "Build It Folder" with all that in it to make new copise from.

I'm using that HSFX thing now with its switcher and the WW1 stuff,,seems to work,,in fact that's what the server will be running.

Oh and I'll have a server up around 7 EST until whenever you're thru for the nite,,this evening. I can't do teamspeak, server & fly all at the same time due to bandwidth so I'll just fly and run game using chat.

What a Face
    Slick

Post  Slick on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Got it downloaded! Now i just have to install......

S!
    Slick
    Rebell

Post  Rebell on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:29 pm

Evil or Very Mad

Dam these torrent files....my isp must hate them. Tried 3 times,,all day long and zippo.

Tryin again today. I was speaking with FS Daedulus and hes say the UP. is not compatable with thier server for unknown reasons,,,only works with hsfx,,,,whatta kikk in the drawers I reported back to him and then told Mr. Jolly (who just happened to be there) that the new and improved 4.10....whatever was an immense croqq of $%^&.

clown
    RAF_Osprey

Post  RAF_Osprey on Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:24 pm

Well, I dumped my old up2 version of the game and have up3 up and running...I think...
    Had to shake my head however today when I got an email from tiger stating that the next war game would use up2 again...no dice, I pitched it for good.
    I hope somebody goes for a revival of good ole, out of the box 1946....

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:39 am