Welcome to the 209 Royal Armoured Force Website
209RA

This is the home of the 209 Royal Armoured Force

Stepping Down

Bedwyr

Stepping Down

Post  Bedwyr on Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:59 pm

S! 209 Royal Air and Armoured Force and Friends

Effective May 1st, I will be stepping down as Commanding Officer of both the squadron and brigade. At the end of March we hold nominations for Commanding Officer with Elections to beheld the middle of April.

It has been my pleasure to serve as your Commanding Officer for nearly 3 years now. There were times it looked like the 209 RAF was about to fade into the dustbin of virtual history, but now it it is beginning to blossom into something new and revitalized.

This decision to step down as CO is something that has been a long time in coming, it has something I have thought about, and prayed about and it is necessary.

It is necessary for the Brigade and Squadron to reevalute its mission and vision, to stir the pot, to bring in fresh ideas, I have lead this group for 3 years and most of them out of necessity and emergency. Well now like Cincinattus I can safely say the emergency is over and I can go back to my farm.

Beer30 and I have made sure that there are some very good people who can take over the leadership or at least help.

Anyways thank you for allowing me to be your leader and for you service with me.

Maj. C.K. "Bedwyr" Benge, VC MID
    Commanding Officer
    209 Royal Air and Armoured Forces

Slick

Re: Stepping Down

Post  Slick on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:05 pm

S! C.K.

You carried this squadron on your back (with some help from others) for years. You are certainly entitled to a well deserved rest.

S!
    Slick
    Bedwyr

Post  Bedwyr on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:31 pm

S! Thank you Sir and to all who have responded your words have been most appreciated

RAF209_Reefer

Post  RAF209_Reefer on Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Benge,

Well done, thank you for your service.
    ~S~
    Reef

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content