209RA

Welcome to the 209 Royal Armoured Force Website
209RA

This is the home of the 209 Royal Armoured Force

Common Sense!!

RAF209_Beer30

Common Sense!!

Post  RAF209_Beer30 on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Sometimes when I reflect on all the beer I drink, I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. I think, "It is better to drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

cheers

Salute!
    Beer

RAF209_Reefer

Re: Common Sense!!

Post  RAF209_Reefer on Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:59 am

cheers

I have had the great distinction of asking thousands of folks the following question. "How does alcohol kill?" I am most often amazed with the responses I hear with that question. Most don't know the facts. Not a big surprise, as most folks have never seen the things that I witnessed. I witnessed things that are very difficult to share with others. Those memories will stay with me for the rest of my days. I have witnessed a human catastrophy that is very painful discuss.

So for the record, I will tell you the truth. Death due to late stage Alcohol Dependence is caused by a continual and massive amount of blood loss. Internal bleeding is accompanied by external bleeding. I witnessed a 30 year old woman bleeding from ever oriface. Her head was swollen to nearly twice its normal size. Her tongue which protuded from her mouth was swollen to the size of a baseball. When I asked the Nurse for a report, and as I reviewed yet another medical file of a soon to be dead person, 3 units of blood per day had been administered to this patient, however, the Nurse assured me that this patient would not recieve any more blood, when asked why, she assured me that this patient would be dead by the end of buisness that day. The Nurse's prediction was accurate.

In summary......they bleed to death.

Now you know the truth.

Forgive me for this post. I have spent three decades engaged in a war on addiction.

Rule # 1. People die.
    Rule # 2. There is not much we can do about Rule # 1.

I recommend a fine cup of coffee, or maybe some lemonade. affraid

The Reefer
    RAF209_Beer30

Post  RAF209_Beer30 on Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:16 pm

S! Reefer.

I fully agree and am sympathetic with your post. Alcohol Dependence is a killer and in more ways than one. Sad

However! I am going on 83 years of age and I have one or two beers every day. Have been for around 50 years.. I feel no real compunction to drink my beers except that it tastes good. I do not equate my drinkig to Alcoholism in any way and am as healthy as a horse.
    "Moderation" in all things is the rule I live by. Over indulgence will lead to poor health, as well as what you describe.and that, in my view, applies to all things, not only alcohol..

Coffe is for the morning when I get up and lemonade is a good afternoon cooler on a hot day. Very Happy

cheers

Salute!
    Beer

RAF209_Reefer

Post  RAF209_Reefer on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:13 pm

rendeer

My compliments old man. Two beers a day, each and every day..is even good for the heart. We call this...low risk drinking.

Must have healthy pilots in order to bomb more accurately sir.!

I salute you sir!

cheers Reef
    RAF209_Beer30

Post  RAF209_Beer30 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:26 pm

sunny

Well, Thanks Reef!

You understand that I was in no way down playing your post. Just sayin' where I was coming from. Besides you know me, I just can't pass up a decent joke, even though the subject matter might not be to every ones taste.
    I remain, your staunch and good friend. Very Happy

Salute!
    Beer.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:43 am